January 30, 2019
PAR owns and operates the website located at http:///www.PARNorthAmerica.com (or any successor to it) and any services, content or functionality available through or on the website and any PAR mobile applications (collectively, the "PAR Service").
Scope of Policy:
The PAR Service is intended for use by an adult general audience. The PAR Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and PAR does not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13. If we learn that anyone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information through the PAR Service, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly delete it.
Information Collection, Usage and Disclosure:
PAR’s web server tracks and collects and maintains general information about you and your use of the PAR Service. We collect these statistics to determine the number of daily visitors to our website, the daily requests for particular files, the types of browsers our visitors use, the visitors' domain names, and countries of origin. This data helps us to customize our website to facilitate the on-line experience through enhanced navigation or to suggest areas in which we may improve the structure and content of the Site. We may request and store the following types of specific information: your name, company name, street address, city, county, state, country, province, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and account information. Some of the information collected by PAR may be personally identifiable information. The information we collect is used to improve the content and quality of the PAR Service.
PAR uses information that is collected for the following general purposes:
- to verify the information that you provide to PAR;
- to assist with the collection of any amounts owing by you to PAR;
- to contact you in response to any transactions, requests, complaints or comments you may have;
- to contact you to provide you with information regarding PAR's business;
- to provide advertisements to you through our website, email messages, or other methods of communication;
- to administer surveys, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us, our vendors or other third party service providers;
- to help us to develop, evaluate and improve our sales and marketing strategies and techniques;
- to operate and improve the PAR Services;
- to provide third parties with information necessary to permit that third party to conduct business with PAR and/or effectively provide services;
- to assist PAR and third parties in evaluating the vehicle recovery and remarketing industries; and
- to respond to legal process and reasonable inquiries from regulatory and/or investigative authorities.
Information is not shared with or sold to others for commercial purposes, except to provide the products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share personal and/or aggregated information that you have provided with other business divisions within the KAR Auction Services, Inc. group of companies.
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law, regulation or governmental request.
- We may share and/or transfer information if PAR is the subject of an acquisition or merger and/or is acquired by or merged with another company..
- PAR share information with agents and contractors in order to help operate the PAR Service.
Aggregate Data and Tracking:
From time to time, we may analyse browsing information and aggregate data for quality assurance, contextual advertising and other similar activities. We do not collect, and it is not our current policy to allow third parties to collect “targeted” cookies (persistent identifiers tracking users over time across different sites and services) for marketing purposes. In addition, we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track (DNT)” browser signals.
PAR takes commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Of course, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information on the Internet. The password-protected areas of the PAR Service are secured by industry standard encryption. However, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password(s) and other user credentials. You may be required to log-in to your PAR account after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account.
The PAR Service and related content and materials are the property of PAR or its licensors, and are protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws, including under the appropriate jurisdictions' copyright and trademark laws, and international conventions. Except as explicitly provided by PAR, you may not transmit, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit the PAR Service. Automated means, such as but not limited to scrapers or spiders, may not be used to collect and/or index any information contained on our sites. You may not (a) reproduce, (b) store a significant portion, (c) distribute copies of, (d) frame content of, or (e) incorporate into another website, materials or intellectual property from our sites or services without the prior written consent of PAR. All rights reserved.
All personally identifiable information you provide to PAR is secured on servers with restricted access. We reserve the right to use third party agents and service providers, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions. We will store your personal information for as long as there is a business need for it in accordance with applicable record retention policies and a range of legal and regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your information. You may Opt-Out from allowing us to share your personal information for marketing purposes by sending a written request to the Marketing Department at our corporate address: 7835 Woodland Drive, Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46278. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Questions and Information: